ben's recently blasted tunes:

Friday, June 09, 2006

I choose nonlinear

From Slashdot. "Eight of the original 'Choose Your Own Adventure' books are to be republished this summer. From the Article: 'First published in 1979, the books let readers remix their own stories - and face the consequences. [...] the original titles return to bookstores, revamped with 21st-century references (cell phones!).'"

Kudos on the Wired article design.
I read so many of those books in elementary school. And Encyclopedia Brown books. I guess I just always wanted interaction with texts, which is why the internet later made me very content. And like browsing through links and then going back to the original page, I used to read through an adventure until I died or whatever, retrace my steps back, and continue through an alternate ending until I got the ending I wanted. Or sometimes I would find a cool ending and then read the pages backwards. You can't really do that on the internet. But then again, the books never had tabbed browsing.

The World Cup has started! Thanks, google.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home